The never ending battle of skincare issues seems to plague many of those who struggle with acne, eczema, rosacea, hyper pigmentation and so much more.
My battle with eczema began many years ago here in Los Angeles. The pollutants in the air here are worse than anywhere else I’ve ever traveled to, including internationally. The smog alone will effect your skin, on top of the millions of people who reside here, due to the city being quite congested. Whenever we travel back East, my skin changes back to normal and looks so much better!!!
With that said, I’ve used EVERY single skincare product on the market. From high end to low end, with everything in between, I’ve tried it. When I turned 40, I decided to change my routine and stick to one brand that works. Now that I’m 43, almost 44, I am consistent and my routine is cohesive. This is probably why I’m healing my eczema. I also have had some help from my Dermatologist and new esthetician which you will be learning more about in this skin series.
For a cleanser, I needed something that was going to be a bit “rough” if you will, but still have that fighting power to go down deep enough into my skin, extract the milia underneath, so my dryness can heal on top. Arcona Skincare has done just that. For the past 8 months, I have had a brighter complexion, healthier skin, clearer skin and my eczema is at bay. It’s a process, but IT.IS.WORKING.
The 3 cleansers that are working its magic are:
- Cranberry Gommage by Arcona Skincare
- White Tea Purifying Cleanser by Arcona Skincare
- Glycolic Cleanser by Jennifers Naturals
The first exfoliant that has made all of the difference in my skin is the Cranberry Gommage by @arconalosangeles. This product has decongested my skin, has made it smoother and leaves my skin visibly clearer. It does NOT scratch my skin, as it’s made with jojoba beads & volcanic minerals, so it will stimulate circulation. It’s the “roughness” that I was craving and the balance that I needed. It peels the dryness right off of your skin.
- How I use the Cranberry Gommage: I apply to dry skin. I leave on for at least a minute. I take both hands in circular motions and press gently into the skin. On my eczema spots, I spend at least 2 minutes just rubbing the area. Once I have completed this process, I wash off with water. My dry skin then exfoliates and peels right off.
The White Tea Purifying Cleanser is a thick liquid cleanser. The white and green tea in this cleanser brighten your skin. I noticed a difference 3 days after using this within my complexion. I needed a non-toxic basic cleanser without all of the additives. In this product, I found just that.
- How I use the White Tea Brightening Cleanser: I take a small drop, that’s all that you need. I rub my palms together and I start cleansing in circular motions while gently rubbing this into my skin on my entire face and then I wash off.
Jennifers Naturals is a product by my new esthetician. I don’t go often and haven’t gone for facials in a year because I was dealing with contact dermatitis as well as my ezcema, so my Dermatologist had me wait for a year. Now that I am cleared to go back, I found her cleanser to be the “ungluing” of sorts.
- How I use Jennifers Naturals: I take the cleanser and wash my face in circular motions. I rub this into my skin for 3 minutes because this product “unglues” all that is underneath. The reason why it’s great to “unglue” the skin is because this enable the blackheads, whiteheads, milia, dryness, acne, everything to loosen and come up. My skin is not always congested, but I do have milia underneath that stays there and doesn’t do anything. Jennifer wants this eradicated from my skin, so with this cleanser, it’s all coming up and out. Once the 3 minutes end, I wash off my skin and gently pat my face.
Cleansing is such an important part of starting any skincare routine. For me, I’ve always used great products, but if they aren’t working in synergy together, your routine may need to be changed.
What cleansers are you using? Are they working? Please let us know in the comments.
Link to Purchase:
Have a great day and here is to clean, clear and wonderful skin.
*As always, consult your Dermatologist or Primary Care Physician if you are dealing with a skincare condition.
*Some link are affiliate links