Happy Fall Everyone!
Did I just say that it is Fall? It is 104 degress here in Los Angeles…we can pretend right? RIGHT!!!
I’ve been so inspired to make some fall recipes from scratch and really go outside of the box, with the heat and just do it!
I made one last night, well early this morning at 2 a.m. and the next one just now. The one I made at 2 a.m. is a crockpot recipe which I will be sharing next week. For now, the one that I just ate, haha, I just had to share now!
We bought some Organic Squash and we had some honey crisp apples that we were going to have to throw out in about a couple of weeks. I didn’t want the food to go to waste, so I took a look around in our pantry to see what I could come up with. So I came up with a Butternut Squash, Apple Cinnamon and Nut (breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert. No added sugar, just coconut oil.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1/2 Organic Squash
- 2 Organic Honey Crisp Apples
- Coconut Oil
- Organic Walnuts & Almonds
- Cinnamon Powder
How to prep:
- Slice the squash into circles. I also took the bottom of the squash and filled it with apples, cinnamons and the nut blend.
- Slice the apples in half
- Place in a glass pan (I used glass because the moisture holds better)
- Add heated Coconut Oil (20 seconds) (I used about 3 tbsp.
- Add Cinnamon (as much as you want)
- Take a handful of the walnuts and almonds to crush together in the Food Processor and then add on top. I also kept some of the seeds from the squash baking for texture.
- Let bake on 350 degrees for 40 minutes. (I made the apples super soft, but kept the squash minimumally soft) of course you can bake to your liking.
- Let cool for 10 minutes
And that’s it! Super simple, quick, & healthy!!!
Have a great day everyone!