I know, I know, Fall is not even here but there is nothing wrong with pretending, right? We love everything Pumpkin. From Pumpkin soup, shakes, muffins and hot tea to Pumpkin skincare, it is fair to say that we are a Pumpkin family; not too mention that my nickname is “Punky” derived from Pumpkin.
So here is our version of Wheat Free Paleo Pumpkin Muffins. I’m going to be honest, it took a about 4 or 5 tries to create a recipe and texture that we like. We are also Vegetarian, but used eggs & butter in this recipe. We don’t do it often and have substituted eggs for flax meal as well. Whatever your preference is, you can make it both ways.
Ingredients you will need:
- 4 eggs or 3/4 cup flax meal
- 1 1/2 pure pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 5 drop of stevia (you can also use monk fruit)
How to make:
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- Mix all ingredients together
- If your ingredients are too thick (trust us, trial and error) add water (we use reverse osmosis water)
- Pour ingredients into greased muffin pan
- Make sure you pour evenly for right texture
- Bake for 15-19 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes
And you are done!
We hope you enjoy this recipe. Again, it took us many tries, so don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t come out perfect the first time!!! We are all learning together.
Have a great day,