One of the life’s many challenges are those of constantly staying happy and being positive. My husband and I get asked quite frequently “how are you so perfect?” And I’m quoting them, not us ha!
We have a wonderful marriage and we are very fortunate that we have found love in such a unique way. But perfect…whew, that’s a hard title to live up too! But even with that, we have both have had our fair share of personal challenges. While both very different personal challenges, we have seemed to conquer and overcome quite a bit. We have figured out tips and tricks, that have helped us collectively. This is why we really wanted to write this post.
Life has it’s ups and down for sure. But it also how you handle those ups, downs, challenges and life’s heavy difficulties that can make you or break you down.
Here are 8 personal tips on how we stay positive:
- 100 Laughs A Day: You guessed it! Yes we are filming a video on this:) Laughing is so great for you!
- The Sun: Vitamin D is essential for your health and your wellbeing. Two minutes outside in the sun can instantly change your mood.
- Your favorite cup of tea: Tea has so many health benefits, with such a variety of options. We often drink tea in our favorite mug!
- Gratitude: You’ve probably heard this quote from your parents “There are so many people worse off than you.” That can be very true. We have 10 gratitude tributes a day. Even if we have a trying moment or day, we always make sure to do these tributes.
- Surround yourself with your favorite things: This doesn’t mean buying something new. It can be a nice warm blanket, a favorite candle, or your favorite pillow. I find that when I’m surrounded by these things, I’m able to change how I’m feeling.
- Essential Oils: In the morning and at night, we diffuse essential oils. We have an entire cabinet full, so we can choose from any oil, at any time. They instantly add a lift to your spirit & it adds a great aroma to any room. We also put oils on our pillows at night.
- Change your THINKING: I have to thank my husband for this one. He has been essential in helping me do this. It’s so funny because I knew this for so long, but he has definitely brought so many great things out of me which has changed my life. If I think I can’t do it and that’s my vibration and the same thing goes for the words that come out of my mouth, then my energy is carrying that thought. Thoughts become things, so for me this is imperative.
- Hugs: Hugs are the best. If you don’t have a physical person or pet to hug, a teddy bear is great as well! I used hug my teddy bears when no one was around and it just put the biggest smile on my face. Sometimes it would get all of my cries out too. But after that damn good cry, I felt better…and positive.
We hope that these tips can help you if you are having a bad day, have had a loss in your family, or an argument with someone. It’s important for us that we live our best lives. These positive tributes and affirmations have helped us on a daily basis, so we wanted to share them with all of you.
If you have any tips for us or something that you do to stay positive, please comment below.